HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM IN SHANGHAI
Partake in a once in a lifetime opportunity and come to Shanghai for a year to spend a year in High School.
Enjoy one or two semesters at a high school affiliated to one of Shanghai’s top universities.
Shanghai is the biggest and most populated city in China with a wealth of possibilities and opportunities.
- Affiliated to one of China’s top universities
- Established in 1954
- Roughly 1500 students
- 10 minutes walk to subway stop
- Roughly 20 minutes to city centre
Students with any Chinese level can apply to study at a high school in Shanghai.
It is the perfect place to make friends from around the world, enhance your Chinese and explore a city with endless things to do.
Shanghai University High School
Come and be a part of something amazing and enjoy a High School in Shanghai program that will become a life changing experience.
Joining a high school in China can help students make huge steps forward not just with Chinese, but with understanding over cultures, making friends from all backgrounds and discovering a city thriving towards huge levels.
The Shanghai University High School is linked with one of Shanghai’s top universities which can boast over 60 years of history and around 1,500 students to their name currently.
PLEASE NOTE – There is no requirement for current Chinese level. If you are a complete beginner with Chinese, you are still more than welcome to join our high school in Shanghai program.
The high school in Shanghai is conveniently located 10 minutes from a Subway Stop on the Shanghai Metro. This is about 20 minutes travel from the centre of Shanghai.
The School boasts an International department which splits into two Semesters:
- Semester #1 – intensive Mandarin Language program
- Semester #2 – Mandarin Language program, English Class, PE class, Calligraphy Class and Culture class.
High School in Shanghai – Age Requirements
The High School in Shanghai accepts international students between 14-19 years old interested in attending one or two semesters.
High School in Shanghai Program – Sample Week
After a year at a High School in Shanghai we believe students could achieve anything between HSK 4 and HSK 6 level.
Below is an idea as to how lessons are set out at our High School in Shanghai.
PLEASE NOTE – for more information about the curriculum please contact us.
|07:50 – 08:30||Listening||General Chinese||General Chinese||General Chinese||General Chinese|
|08:40 – 09:20||Sport||Sport||General Chinese||Sport||General Chinese|
|09:40 – 10:20||Music||Math – Calculus||Science||Listening||General Chinese|
|10:35 – 11:15||Listening||Math – Calculus||Science||Art||General Chinese|
|13:10 – 13:50||General Chinese||Grammar||General Chinese||General Chinese||Listening|
|14:00 – 14:40||Art||Listening||General Chinese||General Chinese||Students Meeting|
|14:55 – 15:35||General Chinese||General Chinese||Computer @ Library||General Chinese||FREE|
|07:50 – 08:30||Geography||Science||English||English||English|
|08:40 – 09:20||Sport||Sport||English||Sport||English|
|09:40 – 10:20||Science||Science||Chinese Literature||Maths||Geography|
|10:35 – 11:15||Music||History||Chinese Literature||Maths||Art|
|13:10 – 13:50||History||Chinese Literature||Chinese Literature||English||History|
|14:00 – 14:40||Maths||Chinese Literature||General Chinese||History||Students Meeting|
|14:55 – 15:35||Maths||Chinese Literature||Computer @ Library||Maths||FREE|
High School in Shanghai – Prices and Starting Dates
|One Semester||69,423 CNY|
|Two Semester||121,135 CNY|
|Optional 1-on-1 Weekend Classes (40 hrs / 80 hrs)||9,216 / 17,544 CNY|
|Season||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall Semester 2021||31 August 2021||20 January 2022|
|Spring Semester 2022||18 February 2022||07 July 2022|
Note: Minor changes in the dates are possible, as the Education Ministry sometimes adjusts school starting dates by a few days. We will be in touch if this is the case
POSSIBLE ADD ONS
Here is a list of potential extras you can add onto the program which include a preparation month at LTL. This will stand you in greater stead when it comes to confidence speaking and understanding Chinese.
- Preparation month: 4 weeks Group class 20 hr/wk= 8,528 CNY
- Preparation month: 4 weeks Homestay half (breakfast and dinner) single room = 10,388 CNY
- Spring Festival Break: 4 weeks Homestay Full board (breakfast lunch and dinner) = 10,320 CNY
- Additional 1-on-1 weekend Chinese classes: 17,544 CNY (80 hours) or 9,216 CNY (40 hours)
- High School Tuition and placement
- Dormitory accommodation
- Each dormitory accommodates 2-4 students
- Rooms are furnished and have telephones equipped
- Legal Guardian Program for the duration of the stay
- Visa invitation
- Orientation Day at LTL Shanghai
- DHL Service for Visa Letters from LTL
- Survival Kit (includes Airport Pick up)
- Airport Drop off
- Visa fees (visa issuance)
- School uniform and books: approx 4000 CNY (1 Semester)
- Spring Festival Break Accommodation
- International Health Insurance
- International Flights (your location to Shanghai)